Thursday, April 9, 2009

BODY BUILDING COMPETITION - HOMEWORK - ATTENDING ONE - AGAIN

Attending as many body building competitions as I can is part of my homework for training for the body for one.

Ok for those who wished me luck today......I am not competing! I am watching.

It is educational and inspirational. Sometimes long and boring too :)

My first was the IDFA Natural Body Building competition in Toronto in November 2008. It left me a bit confused at the time although I found it exciting. Tosca Reno and Robert Kennedy of Oxygen Magazine were sitting right in front of me.

Tosca explained on one of her blogs that even though the figure category sort of came about for the 'in between competitors' the ones who weren't interested in model competition and the ones who did not want to compete in body building, it appears that the judges are tending to pick the more muscular women. This almost requires another category once again - I guess it would be the in between in between.

I found that in most cases I did not understand the judging choices but Tosca's comment probably sums it up - the contestants seem to be migrating toward the body building physique again in figure competition. So I am very interested to see what the upcoming competition is like in the judging.

In was in the Gym Bag buying my tickets when a very tall attractive woman came in. I overhead the conversation and it was not a stretch that she was competing.

I thought thank God I am not tall - or young - I would hate to have to be competing against her. At the same time she inspired me.

So ..we'll see what the local competition is like....

No comments:

Post a Comment