Sunday, February 14, 2010

OLYMPICS - MOTIVATING OR WHAT!

I love watching the olympics but especially right now when it is in my home Province.

My cardinal rule to not watch TV while working out - is broken. But nothing is more motivating for me than to watch these athletes who may win or lose by a little as .1 of a point, by a centimetre or a few one hundreds of a second.

They work for years - get up at incredible hours and work incredible hours and most of us whine about not feeling motivated to work out a few times per week.

I cheer for all of them - I don't care if they are Canadian or not. While the Olympics are on - I'll bet I don't miss one workout or screw up on my nutrition plan even a bit. If they can do what they do with such passion, I can keep up my training - small challenge that it is - compared to theirs.

Cheer for your country! But workout while you are doing it! This type of motivation does not come along that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment