Sunday, February 21, 2010

UPPER BODY EXERCISE PLATEAU IS OFTEN CAUSED BY WEAK HANDS, WRISTS AND FOREARMS

My upper body exercises were stalling. Some weeks I could not advance the weight at all. I had difficulty doing upper bodyweight exercises too. Even though I was recovering from a significant injury, my shoulder was solid and pain free. I knew it was not the cause.


I noticed that since my upper body injury I had been having trouble opening jars and even with turning door nobs. My rehab had been aimed at progressing the range of motion of my shoulder. I soon realized I had lost a lot of strength in my hands wrists and forearms. So my biceps, triceps, chest and shoulders were capable of much more weight - but I was restricted by the lack of strength in my lower arms.


I started targeting the hands, wrists and forearms and got incredible results in progressing my program. I am back to where I was and advancing with each workout.


Even if you don't lift weights, it is almost certain, unless you are a labourer that you have weakness in the hands, wrists and forearms - particularly if you are a woman. Yes , we use our hands constantly but we have developed so many labour aids, machines and tools to make everything easier that we no longer require the strength we used to.


Here are a few simple tools that are really inexpensive (and there are plenty of free exercise demos on the Internet for these body parts).





For beautiful younger hands click here for further TIPS:






No comments:

Post a Comment