Saturday, February 28, 2009

EAT-CLEAN CHALLENGE CONTEST

My daughter knew I was a fan of Tosca Reno and had encouraged me to enter the Eat-Cleam Challenge Contest.

I am not really a contest person - I know I know - I am training for figure competition....but

I had been eating clean for a long time and had all Tosca Reno's books. I knew there would be a lot of great stories. I am not the only one who ever accomplished weight loss fitness and health. But what the heck - I was a fan, I was using the diet and I had made a remarkable journey - nothing to be ashamed of or be shy about. I had worked hard and my daughter felt the recognition should I win would help reward me and provide some $ for my competition journey.

So I entered. I had a struggle finding before pictures. I had destroyed them all..I thought but both my husband and daughter had managed to keep a few pictures out of my clutches. See in the prior post.

Then the winner was announced. And a run of other stories on the web site. I certainly did not expect to win but thought I might be in the honourable mention.

Then...

One day I saw a message from Vinita at Robert Kennedy Publishing asking me to contact. I thought maybe I was infringing on copyrights as I had Tosca's book info all over my other blog site. So I called tail between my legs the next day

And...

Vinita told me she was pleased to tell me I was a runner up. I was really really pleased. The downside of not winning the big one was I don't get to meet Tosca but that is ok. The lady who won was very deserving.

As I mentioned I eat clean because I love it. I feel great and have the best body ever at 60. I was very glad to see the large number of entries and success stories of people who are eating clean and getting fit.It is not a diet. For me it is a way of life. I can't imagine going back to bad eating habits. I like what I eat and it likes me :)

Although I am not a first prize winner .....I feel like the winner. How can I have succeeded in this amazing journey and not consider myself a winner already?! I have no regrets. I went on this journey to get my health back.

Eating clean is a term often used by natural body builders and athletes who follow a 'clean' diet with good quality protein, complex carbohydrates and plenty of fibrous carbohyrates along with healthy fats. Tosca's book guides you in the process of eating clean. Remember 80% of the process for getting fit and healthy is nutrition.

I won't stop eating clean. Anyone who practices this style of eating and cuts out unhealthy foods will feel and look great and find amazing health. Don't wait for a contest! Do it now.If you are going to embark on a journey like I did - take a picture with some way of proving it is current and take updated pictures along the way. (I didn't and hid from the camera and destroyed most of my fat pictures until I met my goals). Pictures will act as incentive and if you are having a bad day you can see how far you have come, not how far you have to go. They can also serve a purpose down the road - to encourage others for one thing.I can't stress enough that when you start resistance/weight and cardio training along with eating clean - for awesome results - get a qualified trainer. I had absolutely fantastic results with the combination of good training and clean eating.You can access Tosca's eat clean site on the right side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment