Saturday, February 28, 2009

FIGURE COMPETITION TRAINING - EAT MORE WORK OUT LESS - EVERY WOMAN'S DREAM

FIGURE COMPETITION TRAINING: LIVING EVERY WOMAN'S DREAM: EAT MORE WORK OUT LESS
I know. Isn't it great. For the hypertrophy phase of training, that is the part which builds bigger muscles, an althlete is in the gain part of their training. Believe it or not - I have to eat more (good stuff of course) and train less. That is, less cardio, and heavier weights with less reps. Even when you are not training for a body building event, you need to work harder, not longer.

I recently read that gyms have 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 5:1 ratios - for example 5:1 means that for every one person attending the gym, 5 paid up members have dropped out. Why do you think that is?Because they were not successful. They either did not get RESULTS, or their results did not last.

Results are what will keep you motivated; it certainly was what kept me movitated.Very generally there are all sorts of reasons people quit but I will bet they just can't sustain the time commitment because they are working out too long and not hard enough. They do way too much cardio and far too little weights. So, the long time spent in the gym cannot be sustained on a long term basis and it just sets up the person for failure. Before I got fit and healthy I did two hours per day of cardio while away from home with minimal results and did this over almost two years. I was working too long but not hard enough. When I got home I just could not sustain this time commitment and certainly it wasn't worth it. Once I hired a PT to set me straight, I got phenomenal results and with a very manageable time commitment.

So don't be mad at me that I can eat so much and still stay in shape with reasonably short workouts. I worked hard to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment