Saturday, February 28, 2009

FIGURE COMPETITION DECISION 2010

I varied my potential (or real - who knows) competition goal date for a number of reasons.

At the competition I attended mentioned in a previous blog, it leaped out at me through the bios of the competitors, including novices, that they had trained at least two years prior to competition.

A few bumps in the road slowed me down a couple of times. I just keep picking myself up, dusting myself off and keep going.

Challenges can more easily be overcome with time. I had been in a rush to meet my goals because of my age. Does it really matter if I am 60 or 62. I think not. I think Heidi's (the body building trainee I met in Toronto) goal of 2010 is a fantastic one. It arrives during a milestone - the Vancouver Olympics.

Am I going to stop training or eating clean 99% of the time. Absolutely not. This is the time I NEED the stress release. I have an athletic goal whether I compete or not - likely not. If I do this just for me, I won't have to worry about tanning, costumes, posing classes and all the other time consuming non training part of the competition prep right now.

I am researching and learning a lot about body building. Wow - there is a lot to learn.I will share what I learn and anyone who is interested can visit and read about it. I will have to do it over time because if I spend all my time blogging I won't be able to balance the time needed for training and personal responsibilities.

I will provide what I learned as a beginner as well as some of the more intense body building info.

No comments:

Post a Comment