Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 promises about fitness

If you have made a promise to yourself about getting healthy and fit in 2010 or about changing direction in your current fitness program, then report in to someone.

Make long range goals (reasonable ones) for the year but include shorter goals such as weekly or monthly mini goals as well.

Sure, keep a journal if it helps you but make sure that you communicate your goals and objectives to someone else in writing - either your partner, a fitness companion, friend or relative - someone who won't mind you reporting in to them on a regular basis about which goals you are reaching, and which ones you are having problems with. Make it a person who will ask the right questions such as whether your goals are too unrealistic or who will ask you why you are having problems if you aren't reaching plan. It will help keep your goals and objectives clear and your promise serious.

I will be setting up my plan and reporting in to my husband by email. So..... step one is to make my plan achievable. If I exceed the plan - well that is simply a bonus!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine - I found your blog through Daniel Munday's site... I'm so impress with your achievements... and I've seen others that have achieved great things... I just always have this voice in my head that says "that works - for other people." I just hope this time I can stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita

    I love your profile comments. I often wish the same thing - basically that life could be less complicated and more full of things we want to do instead of what we feel we have to do but alas I keep complicating it or the world complicates it for me.

    You are challenging me to try and figure out what it is I really want, what will make me really happy and how to let it happen.

    If you don't have a blog - I hope you start one.

    p.s I started and gave up a number of times with my weight loss journey - did it for all the wrong reasons. The last time I did it for me - I could not achieve anything else worthwhile with the state my health was in. I chose health. Now if I can only apply that to other things in my life - it will be great!

    ReplyDelete