Thursday, January 28, 2010

BELLY DANCE YOUR WAY TO FITNESS! A FUN WAY TO GET FIT AND FEEL SEXY!

Interestingly my niece just posted in her blog on belly dance too. She has a belly dancer in one of her novels. She loves belly dance as much as I do. We both have been on a hiatus away from it for various reasons but our love of it is taking us back.

See what she says about it including the great work out.

Here are some links for more info on belly dance from two talented women.

SANDRINA

GET BENT YOGA AND BELLY DANCING

Check out all the classes your local area. There are different types of belly dance. After you take a few beginners classes, look around and try them all out - most have drop in rates. Then once you find the style(s) you like you can zero in on those. All you need to start is your feet, a long roomy skirt or comfortable exercise work out gear and a coin scarf to tie around your waist. Before you know it no matter what your size you will lose your inhibition be exposing your belly as you learn abdominal rolls etc. The teachers and class mates teach you to love your body no matter what.

I tend to lean toward Bollywood and Tribal Fusion style dance.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love tribal style! I wish Wendy lived down here because I'd love to take a tribal class from her. She kicked my butt at the seminar, but in the best way ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could ask her to have another work shop in the summer :) Count me in.

    ReplyDelete