Sunday, January 24, 2010

WEIGHT LOSS TIP # 6 - DANCE

I have always loved to dance. Trouble is my husband has two left feet. We took a series of ballroom dance lessons 3 times and he was just as bad at the end as the beginning. I had my share of bruises to prove it.

He has activities that I don't care to participate in such as non competitive baseball and golf (we do have lots of others we share - so don't worry).

I decided that even without a partner I could enjoy dance. I took belly dancing (Bollywood and Tribal Fusion style) and loved every minute of it. Not only is it great cardio with the right class but great for the belly, you don't need a partner and it allows you to be sexy in a very artsy way.

During my fastest weight loss period, I was attending 3 classes (3 hours) per week and treating it as part of my fun lifestyle/cardio activities. The weight just fell off me. I actually had to significantly adjust the cardio part of my training to slow the loss to a more reasonable level.

I haven't been in quite awhile due to road conditions but will get back at it in spring.

If you watch the TV series "Dancing with the Stars" you will have noticed that any pudgy participants lean out significantly as the show progresses.

So if you want to add a great deal of fun to your fitness regime - consider a dance class - other alternatives are hip hop, jazz, latin etc. There are plenty of adult classes around.

And...this goes really well with tip #3 MUSIC to enhance and intensify your workouts. Remember increasing intensity gets better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment